Skip to main content

Flashback of my compassionate heart at the very early age of my school days

I don't quite recall whether I was in Class PP or Class I, but I vividly remember the class picnic we had with an Indian teacher at Neyra Ama Chu, a sizable river flowing beside the Thungkhar School. While I'm aware that a significant portion of Indians are vegetarians, my recent internet search unveiled Chicken Makhani as their most renowned Indian dish and recipe. Even back then, chicken dishes held a special place, particularly during class outings with our Indian teacher at Thungkhar Primary School in Trashigang.

 During one of these outings, my Indian teacher instructed me to kill a rooster for our lunch. I can't quite fathom how I managed to persuade my imposing teacher amidst the shock, anxiety, and tears of the moment. Somehow, I eluded the task of killing the rooster, though one of my classmates eventually carried out the act. This memory resurfaced when I embarked on the path of Bodhicitta after becoming a student of Tang Rinpoche and taking on the role of Dewachen Tshogpa's coordinator.

 Now, a significant commitment in my life involves aiding vulnerable animals through the organization ཁྱེའུ་ཆུ་འབེབས་ཚོགས་པ། (Kheyu Chhubep Tshokpa), which I will delve into more in the subsequent posts.

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Elephant at Amochu: A Living Symbol of Tendrel, Resilience and Bhutan’s Future

In recent years, many things have unfolded along the Amochu (Toorsa River, Phuentsholing), near Aum Dungtima Ney. These include the miraculous survival of two security guards who were swept away by the raging river. For the past few weeks, severe floods and landslides have brought immense suffering to communities living around Phuentsholing. Homes have been inundated, businesses disrupted, and the Samtse-Phuentsholing and Phuentsholing-Thimphu highways repeatedly blocked, affecting thousands of travellers and livelihoods. A lone Elephant has remained standing in the middle of the river. Many believed it would be swept away during the recent heavy rainfall.Yet, despite relentless rain and powerful currents, the Elephant is still there calm, unmoved, and resilient along with the sacred Ney, one of Bhutan’s sacred hidden places associated with King Dondrup, regarded in Buddhist tradition as a previous life of Lord Buddha. According to the sacred biography of the Buddha, King Dondrup endur...

One Country, Two Systems – A Diamond Strategy: Tendrel

In Bhutan, we do not separate the spiritual from the worldly; what unfolds before us often carries deeper meaning-subtle, symbolic, and timely. What many may see as coincidence, we understand as Tendrel, a sacred convergence of causes and conditions. As our nation steps forward on the visionary path of Gelephu Mindfulness City (GMC), guided by the wisdom of His Majesty the King, I find myself reflecting on a series of powerful signs that do not appear isolated, but interconnected-forming a pattern, a message that feels both urgent and clear: the time is now. Near the Amochu (Toorsa) River in Phuentsholing lies Aum Dungtima Ney, a deeply sacred site associated with King Dondrup, a previous life of the Buddha. This Ney carries a prophecy, which I believe is Tendrel-that the time is now. Recently, near this Ney, a remarkable incident unfolded when two men, swept away by violent floodwaters, survived against overwhelming odds. While many call it a miracle, I see it as something more-a Tend...